Three Stage Process
NON-TOXIC, NON-CORROSIVE AND BIODEGRADEABLE SUBSTANCES
- A Chelant reacts with an ion as a metalic atom and forms a ring structure around off the stainless it, it picks it up off the stainless surface and holds it in solution.
- Chelants are very versatile in fact the same Chelating agents in solution may be several different used to pick up several impurities during the same application step by adjusting salt form with pH the salt form with pH modifications. Chelants are sucessful for Pre-operational and for rouge removal.
- Chelants are much safer and many of these are food grade, indeed some are salad used used to preserve salad dressing and in contact lense cleaning solutions and even to keep bread fresh.
- These compounds are ingested by humans on a daily basis.Chelants only remove contaminant ions and corrosion products. The stainless and finished surfaces finished surfaces are undamaged.
- Chelants are Non-Toxic, Non-Corrosive and Biodegradeable.
The three stage procedrure employed by Clarwick Ltd. for the most part uses Non-toxic, Non-corrosive and Biodegradeable substances.
Because no two systems are identical (as discussed in the section on Metallurgy) it is not possible to use this sophisticated procedure in a standard mechanical manner (this is not a “one size fits all” approach).
The specific agents and their proportions used will vary, quite substantially in some cases, to deal with encountered conditions. Only after inspection and preliminary testing can a determination be made as to the correct agents and proportions needed to successfully process the system.
Indeed often times testing performed during each stage will dictate a need to change the parameters for that stage and even subsequent stages.
Only after the procedure has been completed can documentation be generated to show the specific process and substances used. Documation regarding the substances used for each system we clean and passivate, in addition to other pertinent information, is recorded in a project log.
The three stage procedure employs the following general steps:
Staged Alkaline Chelation with Detergency:
The purpose of this step is to remove dirt, debris, atmospheric dust and amphoteric substances such as calcium, manganese, zinc, aluminium as well as ferric hydroxide. This stage includes use of semi-chelants, Non-ionic surfactants, Primary Chelants, Silicon complexors and detergents in double duty as buffers in a multi-stage application.
Staged Acidic Chelation with Applied Reductants:
Free Iron, excess Manganese, Iron oxides, Extraneous nickel and its oxides, and heat tint phase within the HAZ of welds and other contaminates as subsurface (delta) Ferrite are removed.
Included in this complex are Chelating agents, Reductants and non-ionic surfactants in a multi-stage mildly acidic comprehensive application.
The final step removes the remaining traces of a certain iron compound in ppb from the dymamic sub-surface and initiates the Viable “Passive Film”. This stage includes a very specialised exact Chelating complex together with unique penetrating surfactants.
The applied analyses used are primary site spectrophotometry and specific ion.
pH. Contuctivity. Temperature measurement.
Each stage is continued until analyses demonstrate exactable contaminant(s) curve stability plus additional time for substantiation of same.